With the release of IT Chapter II over the last few days, Hot Toys have taken the opportunity to reveal several new releases including a wave of Cosbaby’s and also their 1:6 Pennywise The Clown.
Now this isn’t a full reveal as we have already seen prototypes of this guy on display at various Cons over the Summer including SDCC and ACGHK but it’s the promotional images here do go a long way in showing the versatility of the figure. Pennywise comes with various props from across the films including a “Pennywise-in-a-box” and bloodied arm, the iconic red balloon and the usual array of swappable hands.
Also included here are 2 face sculpts that including a Smiling version and “Fanged” variant with an amazing attention to detail which captures the likeness of Pennywise actor Bill Skarsgard pretty much perfectly. Interesting, this figure will mark another collaboration between Hot Toys and Studio HIVE as they team-up to present the Sewer Grate Diorama base for Pennywise following on from their Spider-Man Molten Man and Mysterio bases.
Pennywise is slated for release in approximately Q1 – Q2, 2021 and you can check out a full gallery and contents breakdown below :
The 1/6th scale Pennywise Collectible Figure specially features:
– Authentic and detailed likeness of Pennywise from IT Chapter Two
– One (1) newly developed smiling head sculpt with authentic likeness of Bill Skarsgård as Pennywise in the movie
– One (1) newly developed fanged head sculpt revealing layers of pointed teeth
– Movie-accurate facial expression with cracks in forehead and detailed skin texture
– Reddish orange colored hair sculpture
– Body with over 30 points of articulation
– Approximately 32.5cm tall
– Eleven (11) pieces of interchangeable hands in white colored gloves, including:
– One (1) pair of claw attacking hands
– One (1) pair of grabbing hands
– One (1) pair of fists
– One (1) balloon holding right hand
– Four (4) gesture hands
– Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
– One (1) grey white-colored puffed sleeve shirt includes lace collar, layered wrist wrap, attached belt with weathering effects
– One (1) pair of grey white pants with weathering effects
– One (1) pair of black and white colored boots
– One (1) red colored balloon
– One (1) Pennywise Jack-in-the-Box (Pennywise doll is removable)
– One (1) sculpted paper boat
– One (1) skateboard
– One (1) right severed arm
– Specially designed sewer grate diorama dynamic figure base with translucent water effect
– Head Sculpted by Viva Lai
– Head Painted by Viva Lai
– Head Art Directed by JC. Hong
– Diorama Figure Base designed by Studio HIVE
Let us know your thoughts on this Pennywise release and whether you’ll be picking him up when he becomes available down in the comments below and keep it locked to Exclu for all the latest.
Original images courtesy of Hot Toys.
Exclu – We are an international Toy Magazine and supporting platforms featuring the latest toy news, reviews, previews, community showcases & industry insights. Thank you for checking us out and we hope you stick around!
Last modified: September 11, 2019